About the School

We are a Preschool to 6th Grade Elementary School in the Maricopa Unified School District. We are located in the city of Maricopa, AZ, a city approximately 20 miles south of Phoenix, AZ.

At Saddleback, every individual is dedicated to creating a positive and engaging environment where all students continually develop a love for learning.

Our vision as a Saddleback community is to develop skills in character that lead to happiness and success. 

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

Q: What subdivisions are within the boundaries for Saddleback?
A: The following subdivisions are included within the boundaries of Saddleback
• Ak-Chin Farms
• Ak-Chin Greasewood
• Desert Cedars
• Desert Passages
• Glennwilde
• Palo Brea
• Papago Buttes
• Santa Rosa Springs
• Senita 3 & 4
• Seven Ranches

Q: What about the subdivision of Homestead, which school would my chiild attend?
A: The subdivision of Homestead is in the boudaries for Santa Cruz Elementary.

Q: Which middle school would my chiild attend?
A: The following subdivisions will go to Desert Wind - Desert Passages, Glennwilde, Senita 3 & 4 and Seven Ranches. The following subdivisions will go to Maricopa Wells - Ak-Chin Farms, Ak-Chin Greasewood, Desert Cedars, Palo Brea, and Santa Rosa Springs.

Q: How do i enroll my child for preshool?
A: Please contact the District Office at 520-568-5100 x1061 or x1057 to schedule an appointment for our Child Find Screening. The screenings are held monthly, see available dates in our "Child Find" section on the left side of our website. All potential students for our Preschool Program must complete the screening before enrolling.

Q: What do I need in order to register my child?
A: In addition to an enrollment packet, you will need the child's birth certificate, immunization records, proof of current residence (utility bill, mortgage statment or rental agreement) and enrolling parents photo ID. Enrollment packets can be picked up in the front office or online in the "Forms" section on the left side of our website.

Q: What is the cutoff age for Kindergarten and can they test early?
A: Cut off age to start Kindergarten is August 31st, and the child must be five years old by that date in order to enroll. Early Kindergarten testing (those turning five between September 1 and December 31) is held at the end of May for the School District. 

Q: What are the school hours?
A: The school day begins at 8:10 a.m. and ends at 3:10 p.m. Every Wednesday and the last day of the quarter, the school day ends at 1:10 p.m. The office opens at 7:40 a.m. and closes at 3:30 p.m. Our preschool has different hours for each of their sessions. Please see the "Preschool Hours" section on the left side of our website.

Q:  What if my student is tardy?
A: W
e encourage promptness since tardies affect everyone and disrupt classroom time. Late students must report to the office. There we will issue students a "Tardy Slip" before they go to class. Students should be on campus by 8:05 a.m. to make sure they are in class by 8:10 a.m.

Q:  What should I do if my student is absent?
A: W
hen at all possible, please notify us when your child is absent by calling the Attendance Clerk in the front office at 520-568-6110 x2401. If we don't hear from you by early morning, you're likely to get a phone call and/or text from us. Students that have been absent should return with a note explaining the reason they were gone. 

Q:  Does Saddleback provide bussing?
A: Y
es, we certainly do for those living within our boundaries. Parents, please remind your child(ren) that riding the bus is a privilege and that we require best behavior at all times. Please arrive at your designated bus stop on time. Those students living in the Glennwilde subdivision and those outside of our boundaries, busing is not provided.

Q:  Do you allow students to bike to school?
A: Yes, but only if they live within one mile of campus. We are concerned for the safety of all students and ask all bike riders to be aware of their surroundings. Saddleback Elementary School is not responsible for lost or damaged bikes.

Q:  Does the school provide breakfast or lunch?
A: Y
es, we provide both breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is free for everyone. Lunch is $2.75 for students. We also have free and reduced-price ($0.40) lunches for those who qualify. Just contact the front office for the papers you'll need to fill out for these special lunch prices or go to the "Forms" section on the left side of our website. Students may choose to bring their own lunch to school if they wish.

Q:  What methods can my child use to pay for meals?
A: W
e welcome students to pay for meals with cash or check, but we prefer that each student have a prepaid lunch account. You can register for an account and monitor your balance at To register you will need to know your students School ID number. 

Q:  Can my child bring treats to class to celebrate a birthday or other occasion?
A: O
ur district policy does not allow you to bring food from home for classroom parties and events. All food brought onto campus must come from the cafeteria or be store bought. Please contact your students teacher at least a week before to arrange a time. Students cannot receive deliveries of flowers, stuffed animals or gifts while on campus.

Q:  Does Saddleback allow visitors in the classrooms?
A: Y
es. Visitors must call ahead and make an appointment to visit classrooms. We need to make sure that classes aren't interrupted during important times like tests. When you arrive at school, please check in with the front office with your Photo ID to receive your "Visitor Pass." 

Q: Do you require uniforms for the students?
A: We do not require uniforms but do have a district policy regarding a Dress Code. To view our Dress Code Policy, see the "Forms" section on the left side of our website.

Q:  My child needs to take medication daily. How will you make sure he/she will receive it?
A: P
lease label all prescription medications and keep them in the school health office. Only our school nurse will give the medicine to a student. Prescription medicines must be prescribed by a doctor and have documentation telling how much and how often the student must take the medicine. Please be sure to contact the health office ahead of time if you want your child taking over-the-counter medicines, too. 

Q:  When do report cards come out?
A: W
e have student led conferences after the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters, during which report cards will be handed out. We send report cards home after the end of the 2nd quarter and on the last day of school for the 4th quarter.

Q:  Where is the lost and found?
A: T
he lost and found can be found in our MPR/Cafeteria on the back table. Check there first for any missing items. We encourage students to write their name on their possessions.